[AfrICANN-discuss] Lets not defend the undefendable. The executive Director of DCA wronged and has apologized on the list

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 15:04:35 SAST 2012

On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 5:23 AM, Gideon <gideonrop at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Badru, I am not intending to set us back, but somethings have to be
> stated for the record and here is mine.
>

> For someone that works with Ms. Bekele on a daily basis, I will vouch for
> her integrity and leadership and character, and I see no wrongdoing.
>

> Having said that, I also know that she has complained of not being able to
> post using her email on AfriICANN for a long time and being blocked.

 That was also obvious from the email Adiel has sent.

Obvious that she was unable to post, yes.  This however is not "blocking",
this is sending mail from an unsubscribed email address.   Continuing a
false narrative doesn't make it any more true!

>  What it states is that her name was not subscribed. and Nii is trying
> to legitimize the blocking by saying she did not know how to use email?

Again, this is not "blocking", but using the wrong email address to try to
post.

>   how ridiculous is that.   If you people are not psyched to the
> possibility of blocking people on this list, why is Dr Eberhard W Lisse
> proposing that she should be blocked again?

the attributes of mailman software should not be conflated with one
personal opinion.

> Is this not enough evidence how your members who are anti DCA behave?

It is merely evidence of the behaviour of one person.

>  If she used an alias to post, I see no problem with it at all.

I don't either.  Aliases are common online.  I myself use one, as "McTim"
is not the name on my Birth Certificate.  However, "lerato mamboleo" is not
an "alias", but a sockpuppet, there is a difference!

--
Cheers,

McTim