Re: [AfrICANN-discuss] The Google campaign – An ITU view

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 16:17:39 SAST 2012

On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 9:08 AM, Dr Yassin Mshana <ymshana2003 at gmail.com> wrote:
> It is good to discuss issues of importance.
>
> It is clear in the Policy from which the Guidebook was developed about
> Geographic Regions etc....
>
> BUT the Guidebook does not guide us on "How to Engage" such bodies in its
> procesess.... it is left for a wider interpretation assuming that
> "professionalism" will be adhehered to, and regional consultations will take
> place....are you there?

yes, we are on "the same page".

> NEXT: The Guidebook did not allow for such 'name calling' and 'rumbling'

If one were to do an objective media analysis of all the words written
in the last few
years about .africa, one would see where the "name-calling" was coming from.

> taking place for .africa; it does not say that some individuals may consult
> with Governments to discredit any organisations.....

but it does say that;

 "there may be no more than one written statement
of objection to the application from relevant
governments in the region and/or public authorities
associated with the continent or the region."

I see a number of new gTLDs using this very tactic (as implicitly
allowed) by the Guidebook.

--
Cheers,

McTim