[AfrICANN-discuss] Filling Africa's technology skills gap

Anne-Rachel Inné annerachel at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 14:48:27 SAST 2012

Thanks for posting this Esam.

Last year the Association for the Development of Education in Africa
(adeanet.org) held a public/private sector/civil society meeting in
Tunisia to see how the shortage of skills could be alleviated by
getting the education sector apprised of what the needs of the
continent are in graduates for the next 5-10 years. The proceeds of
that meeting were sent to the very successful Triennale meeting that
took place this past February 2012 in Ouagadougou.

The shortage is in all sectors: ICTs but in Mining, Finance,
Economics, etc. I do hope that those interested can take the matter at
home with authorities. I can also help anyone interested be in touch
with ADEA (do not spam list please, respond to me directly) for their
needs as they work effectively with all countries in the region.

Attached find reports of that specific meeting and proceed from the
Triennale can be seen from the website.
Cheers
ar