[AfrICANN-discuss] IPv6 and ITRs

chii ngek chii_ngek at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 10 13:22:23 SAST 2012

Hi

Congratulations to AfriNIC IPv6  team and especially Mukom who I believe Sky is not yet his limit. I am proud of you, we are proud of you and more especially I believe that God is proud of you.

Concerning the foregoing discusion on the ITRs, I think the present scenario of the internet is working perfectly well and excellent. The issue here is not who controls it but we need it to be open in all its sense. In Africa whether we do like the Chinese did and are still doing or not we need to create contents that suits us, develop IXPs which is our own contribution to the same goal of open access and all what it entails.

Again, Chapters and members of ISOC might understand the issues of ITRs so well but the gov't officials might not understand it and subsequently vote anything before realising that only after some years the open development and access of the internet has been jeopardized. It is our place to sensitize them and explain to their understanding the merits and demerits of the decisions they will be taking. The working groups that has been created for this purpose should be given wide publicity and stakeholders that matter in all domains touched by ITRs be invited.

CHII
ISOC Cameroon