[AfrICANN-discuss] ICANN Wraps Up Prague Meeting on Thursday

Anne-Rachel Inné annerachel at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 22:02:30 SAST 2012

http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-30apr12-en.htmICANN
Wraps Up Prague Meeting on Thursday

On behalf of our Chairman of the Board, Steve Crocker:

"In our ongoing efforts to improve the ICANN Meeting experience for all
participants, we are implementing some changes for the June meeting in
Prague.

The Friday morning program, which in the past has comprised AC/SO committee
reports, Board committee reports, and the public Board meeting, has been
removed.

AC/SO committee reports and Board committee reports will now be published
for review on the ICANN website.

The public Board meeting has been replaced with a one-hour session
following the Public Forum on Thursday afternoon. In this session the Board
will outline what they have heard during the week from their meetings with
AC/SOs and their constituent parts and will identify those matters they
expect to be dealing with between the Prague and Toronto Meetings.

The close of this session (expected to be around 18:00) will mark the
official end of the ICANN meeting and will be immediately followed by a
two-hour farewell reception for all ICANN Meeting participants.

It is intended that at the beginning of the Toronto meeting there will be a
Board community session where the Board will report to the community on
what they have dealt with since Prague.

We believe that the removal of the Friday public Board meeting and its
replacement with two Board community sessions will improve the
effectiveness of both the Board and the staff and increase the time that
the Board has to interact with the community.

We hope you find these changes also make more effective use of your time
and enhance the overall ICANN Meeting experience. The Public Participation
Committee will hold a public session in Toronto to discuss and review them."