[AfrICANN-discuss] African telcos call for innovation

badru.ntege at nftconsult.com badru.ntege at nftconsult.com
Sun Apr 1 08:43:50 SAST 2012

Very interesting. However it looks like most Telcos will be dragged kicking and screaming into the reality since its note easy to give up ones cash cow in an unpredictable economical environment.

One biggest catalyst to this expected transformation is the power of the transaction services which the authors seem to have down played.  I believe this is going to be the biggest driver which will stimulate localisation through online shopping in local languages to counter the literacy challenge. Here again we need to clarify literacy. What does it mean in the African context ?

Regards
S e n t   f r o m   m y   B l a c k B e r r y ®   s m a r t p h o n e