[AfrICANN-discuss] The African Internet Governance Forum (AFIGF) at
IGF 2011 Nairobi
annerachel at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 20:55:38 SAST 2011
Check here for Related documents to the African Internet Governance
Title of Workshop: The African Internet Governance Forum (AFIGF)
Venue: UN Conference Centre, Nairobi, Conference room 10
Date: 30th September 2011
Time: 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
Duration: 90 minutes
- To increase awareness and build capacity on Internet Governance
- To ensure that the concerns of Africa are taken into account in the IGF
- To put in place a coordinated African process for dealing with Internet
governance issues on the continent
- To strengthen the multi-stakeholder dialogue model for Internet
governance in Africa through sub-regional and national forums.
- To ensure a multi-stakeholder representation of all parts of the
- To ensure that all the countries are part of the sub-regional processes
and launch/strengthen their national processes.
Speakers (5 minutes each):
- Makane Faye - UNECA
- Moctar Yedaly – AU
- Alice Munyua - EAIGF
- Nnenna Nwakanma – WAIGF
- Baudin Schombe – CAIGF
- Anriette Esterhuyen – SAIGF
- A representative of North Africa
Speakers (3 minutes each):
- Representatives of African ICT Ministries
- Representatives of regional and international organizations, fully
involved in IG process on the continent (NEPAD, RECs, AfriNic, ISOC, UNESCO,
- Launch of AFIGF.
- Approval of a Bureau composed of the five sub-regional IGFs.
- Establishment of a Support Team composed of key stakeholder
institutions involved in IG on the continent.
- Draft TORs for AFIGF
- Approval of the date and venue of the first AFIGF.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the AfrICANN