[AfrICANN-discuss] Breaking the Internet HOWTO: The Unintended Consequences of Governmental Actions

Ntege Badru badru.ntege at nftconsult.com
Tue Dec 20 12:51:16 SAST 2011

I think the whole concept of internet neutrality needs to be re-examined
faced with changes in the global market place and also geopolitical issues
around national security.

The internet has moved from its early days of being a tool of knowledge
transfer and sharing to a powerful tool that can make a break a nation or a
company.

The notion of a free environment where any packets can move from point to
point un hindered will soon be a thing of the past.  What we need to be
looking at is what will replace this utopian world we had expected and how
it will affect the sustainability of the internet as we know it or want it
to be.

Regards

Badru