[AfrICANN-discuss] Successful Conclusion of AfriNIC Training Workshop in Lusaka - Zambia

Mukom Akong T tamon at afrinic.net
Sat Apr 30 14:48:41 SAST 2011

Dear colleagues,

AfriNIC just concluded a three (3) day training workshop in Lusaka -
Zambia. Hosted by the ISP Association of Zambia (ISPAZ), the workshop
ran from the 27th - 29th of April 2011 at the Golf View Hotel - Lusaka

The workshop was attended by twenty two (22) network engineers and IT
managers drawn mostly from the telecommunications and Internet service
sectors.

During the workshop participants learnt the following:

#Planning for, requesting and managing IP number resources.

#The limitations of NAT as a sustainable solution to IPv6 address
exhaustion.

#Configuration of a basic IPv6 network (host configuration, intra domain
routing and transition techniques)

The full course outline is available at
http://www.afrinic.net/training/ipv6training.htm

We wish to extend our appreciation to the ISPAZ for hosting this
workshop and Africonnect  for providing routed IPv6 connectivity to the
conference venue.

Warm regards.

Mukom Akong T.
Training Manager & Policy Liaison
www.afrinic.net | p: +230 403 5100   |   f: +230 466 6758
Skype/Twitter: perfexcellent   | LinkedIn: mu.linkedin.com/in/perfexcellent

“When you work you are a flute through whose heart the whispering of the
hours turns to music.“

                                                  - Kahlil Gibran