[AfrICANN-discuss] Successful Conclusion of AfriNIC Training Workshop in Lome - Togo

Mukom Akong T tamon at afrinic.net
Thu Apr 14 09:51:39 SAST 2011

Dear colleagues,

AfriNIC just concluded a three (3) day training workshop in Lome - Togo.
The workshop ran from the 11th - 13th of April 2011 at the premises of
Centre de Maintenance des Télécommunications de Lomé (CMTL)

The workshop was attended by twenty one (21) network engineers and
systems administrators drawn mostly from the telecommunications and
Internet service organisations as well as  a few from government
agencies and the university.

During the workshop participants learned the following:

#Planning for, requesting and managing IP number resources.
#The limitations of NAT as a sustainable solution to IPv6 address exhausion.
#Configuration of a basic IPv6 network (host configuration, intra domain
routing and transition techniques)

The full course outline is available at
http://www.afrinic.net/training/ipv6training.htm

We wish to extend our appreciation to the IServices Togo and ISOC Togo
for hosting this workshop and making it a success.

Warm regards.

Mukom Akong T.
Training Manager & Policy Liaison
www.afrinic.net | p: +230 403 5100   |   f: +230 466 6758
Skype/Twitter: perfexcellent   | LinkedIn: mu.linkedin.com/in/perfexcellent

“When you work you are a flute through whose heart the whispering of the
hours turns to music.“

                                                  - Kahlil Gibran