[AfrICANN-discuss] FW: Internet and E-Commerce Law News (10/27/2010)

Anne-Rachel Inne anne-rachel.inne at icann.org
Thu Oct 28 09:37:04 SAST 2010

[http://www.ibls.com/images/ibls_header.gif]

Diploma in e-commerce law
Now offered
E-commerce Law<http://www.ecuniversity.org/diploma_introduction_ecommerce_law.htm>

[http://www.ibls.com/images/banner_right.gif]

Global Legal Network
The IBLS charter partner program represents a unique opportunity for law firms and individual attorneys to showcase (promote) their expertise in Internet and E-Commerce Law to an audience of millions.

Join the no cost IBLS Charter Partner Program now...<http://www.ibls.com/partners_top.htm>

Digital Library
Insightful articles on Internet Law and reference to source material. Subscribers can business articles, legal articles and articles by country.

Sign up now<http://www.ibls.com/database.htm>

E-Books

 *   Gambling: Online and Offshore<http://www.ibls.com/ebooks.aspx?s=view&id=108>
 *   Emerging Trends: Search Engine Regulations<http://www.ibls.com/ebooks.aspx?s=view&id=105>
 *   Internet Search - Public Domain v. Intellectual Property Rights<http://www.ibls.com/ebooks.aspx?s=view&id=106>
 *   Offshore E-commerce Taxation<http://www.ibls.com/ebooks.aspx?s=view&id=107>
 *   How Tax Authorities Audit E-Businesses<http://www.ibls.com/ebooks.aspx?s=view&id=110>

Contact IBLS
Internet Business Law Services
17310 Redhill Suite 270
Irvine, CA 92614, USA

Phone: 1.949.756.0906
Fax: 1.949.250.0601

Email: ibls at ibls.com<mailto:ibls at ibls.com>

Visit our website...<http://www.ibls.com>

Newsletter Sponsor
To advertise on this newsletter, please contact our advertising representative at aboss at ibls.com<mailto:aboss at ibls.com>.

Follow Us
[http://www.ibls.com/images/twitter.png]<http://www.twitter.com/ibls>

[http://www.ibls.com/images/facebook.png]<http://www.facebook.com/INTERNETBUSINESSLAWSERVICES>

IBLS editorial staff and contributors around the world, will keep you informed and updated on the most relevant e-commerce and Internet themes like intellectual property , digital signatures, consumer protection, e-public procurement, cyber crime, privacy and security, e-banking, e-payments, online buys and sells, among others.
________________________________

In this issue:

The Latest News from Around the World

>From Legal Correspondents and IBLS Editors
(from legal correspondents and IBLS editors)
For more Internet and E-commerce news from the United States, Canada, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia-Pacific and the Caribbean,please select from the drop down list below

Featured IBLS Articles
(articles selected from IBLS Internet law database)

Ask the Expert / Internet Law Blog<http://ibls.com/cs/blogs/default.aspx>
________________________________

The Latest News from Around the World
Cross-Border Commerce and Online Dispute Resolution: Emerging International Legislative and Systemic Developments
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
The increase and indispensability of information and communications technology(ICT)in the developed and developing world represent significant opportunities for access to justice by buyers and sellers concluding commercial transactions

Read more...<http://www.ibls.com/internet_law_news_portal_view.aspx?s=sa&id=1993>

INTERNATIONAL: E-Commerce and Tax Law Journal
Wednesday, February 03, 2010
IBLS is pleased to announce its newest law publication: E-Commerce and Tax Law Journal. The Law Journal is a legal publication created and published by the IBLS, the world largest Internet law publisher and Thomas Jefferson School of Law Masters in Law Program. The Law Journal publishes writings by academics, practitioners and policy makers on a variety of topics, including e-commerce, electronic contracting, techno torts, cyber crime, privacy, Internet taxation, international taxation, etc. These are some of the most rapidly developing areas of the law, and the dialogue initiated by the journal will help form the future of these emerging fields.

Read more...<http://www.ibls.com/internet_law_news_portal_view.aspx?s=sa&id=1841>

OXFORD/IBLS: Global E-Business Law and Taxation
Sunday, July 12, 2009
IBLS and its global legal network of experts bring you a representative masterpiece of global e-commerce and tax legislation! IBLS presents to you the first book in Internet law series, created in partnership with Oxford University Press: "Global E-Business Law and Taxation" http://www.oup.com/us/catalog/general/subject/Law/Taxation/?view=usa&ci=9780195367218#Product_Details Among the numerous topics related to e-commerce, taxation is the one that still has not established homogeneity among different countries'' legislation and still represents a critical issue to be addressed from both a business and legal perspective. This book intends to provide an overview of the e-commerce and e-commerce taxation laws and principles applied by diverse countries.

Read more...<http://www.ibls.com/internet_law_news_portal_view.aspx?s=sa&id=1709>

Masters and Doctorate degrees in Taxation and Financial Services
Sunday, July 12, 2009
Thank you for requesting information in the past about the Masters and Doctorate degrees in Taxation and Financial Services ? brought to the convenience of your computer from The Thomas Jefferson School of Law (TJSL) an ABA Accredited law school We are accepting new students (accountants and lawyers) for the Summer and Fall semesters.

Read more...<http://www.ibls.com/internet_law_news_portal_view.aspx?s=sa&id=1708>

>From Legal Correspondents and IBLS Editors

The European Convention on Cybercrime
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Some call it cybercrime; others call it computer crime. Whatever the name is, crimes committed online are becoming the main concern for law enforcement authorities in most countries. There is nothing more assertive to attack cybercrime than an international treaty; after all, Internet has no boundaries and nor does criminals. One may say that the European Convention on Cybercrime, which many other non-European countries have joined, should be the international commanding law against cybercrime given the great number of signatory countries. This article provides a summary of the main topics the European Convention on Cybercrime covers and its signatory countries, including the non-European countries.

Read more...<http://www.ibls.com/internet_law_news_portal_view.aspx?s=latestnews&id=2382>.
________________________________

Featured IBLS Articles

Mauritius Computer Misuse and Cybercrime Act 2003
Mauritius is an island located in the Atlantic, near Southern Africa, in the Indian Ocean, east of Madagascar. It was first explored by Portuguese sailors early in the 16th century. Later it was controlled by the Dutch, French, and British until independence was achieved in 1968. Given its inherent limitations of history, location, and natural resources, the country has developed into an unmitigated success, by anyone's standard. The Government carefully assembled the infrastructure for a large, state-of-the-art cyber complex in the early 2000's which should prove attractive to any company wishing for access to the Asian continent within a business-friendly and highly modernized infrastructure. This law is an attempt to protect any foreign or local businesses setting up shops there. To better understand the Computer Misuse and Cybercrime Act 2003; Act No. 22 of 2003; Offense, found in Part II, these questions will be answered: What is Unauthorized Access to Computer Data? What is Access with Intent to Commit Offences, or Unauthorized Password Disclosure? What is Unauthorized Access to and Interception of Computer Service? What is Unauthorized Modification of Computer Material, or Damaging or Denying Access to Computer System? What is Unlawful Possession of Devices and Data or Electronic Fraud?

Read more...<http://www.ibls.com/internet_law_news_portal_view.aspx?s=articles&id=72DAE0B8-4864-4861-B633-021E5E6A77E4>.

International Protection Of Well-known Trademark In The World And Argentina
Globalization, and Internet in particular, makes it more than ever before, those trademarks that are renowned and established in a region or in a country to be also recognized in other places of the world where they have not been directly commercialized or used yet. Businessmen or companies from countries different than the trademark owner?s country may adopt well-known trademarks as their own for unlike or even similar kind of products or services in their own countries. Sometimes they use them for a couple of years until the original owner takes notice of such misappropriation. This summary will discuss how the original owner could be protected under international law.

Read more...<http://www.ibls.com/internet_law_news_portal_view.aspx?s=articles&id=2003F07D-1CEF-4829-89F4-A8070E5B09F4>.

European Union Policies Regarding Cybercrime
The security of computer and communication systems and their protection against cybercrime is of essential importance for today?s society. Indeed, businesses, administrations and society depend to a high degree on the efficiency and security of modern information technology. Given the borderless aspects of cybercrime, international cooperation is indispensable. This is the reason why cybercrime policies have notably been adopted by the European Union member states, the United States, and the international community in general.

Read more...<http://www.ibls.com/internet_law_news_portal_view.aspx?s=articles&id=AB646E9F-016D-42C4-9BCD-C1DD0D5EF4FD>.

Click here for more articles ><http://www.ibls.com/search_start.htm>

Internet Business Law Services, Inc.
Suite 270, 17310 Redhill, Irvine, CA 92614, USA
1.949.756.0906, Fax 1.949.250.0601

This message was sent to Anne-Rachel Inne (inne at icann.org),