[AfrICANN-discuss] .Africa project communique (Task force)

Badru Ntege (NFT) badru.ntege at nftconsult.com
Sun Nov 14 09:01:09 SAST 2010

Nebiyu and All

I do believe after years of our own internal self orchestrated divisions as
a people in Africa from all parts of the continent we drafted our own
marginalization into becoming what is known today as the third world.

As a continent time has run out and we now need to put our differences aside
and look to what we believe is good for Africa.  As longer as we proface to
do it for the continent lets sit on the same table.  Since this committee
has been set up I would suggest that all different parties should come to
the foe and allow us to create something for the continent which has no
personal or individual agenda's.

My suggestion is DCA should find a way of joining this committee so we have
one initiative from Africa to be presented to the general community.  If I'm
not mistaken the ICANN rules expect an initiative to have full support from
the community.    We all at one time or another will initiate a process that
at one time or another we find prudent to share with a wider community for
the good of the common good.  It might be fact that DCA was the first to
present a proposal for .Africa and if so the community will and should
appreciate their insight.   However the time has come for us to back an
initiative from the AU since as a continent we gave that body some level of
mandate to look into and foster cross border initiatives for the African
continent.

Lets move ahead as one.  And if it means to add someone from DCA on this
task force let it be done.  But lets stop this African self sabotage.  We
owe it to our future generations.

Sorry for the long ranting but I hope somewhere between the lines you get my
point J

Regards

Badru