[AfrICANN-discuss] Successful Conclusion of AfriNIC Training Workshop and Mini Internet Summit in Khartoum - Sudan

Mukom Akong T. tamon at afrinic.net
Mon Nov 8 11:06:02 SAST 2010

Dear colleagues,

AfriNIC just concluded a three-day training workshop and a one day mini
Internet summit in Khartoum - Sudan starting from 1st to 4th of November
2010.

During these workshops, more than forty (40) network engineers learnt
and discussed the following amongst other things:

- Planning for, requesting and managing IP number resources.
- The need for a new Internet protocol (IPv6) and limitations of NAT as
a sustainable solution to IPv6 address exhaustion.
- How to configure Windows and Linux clients to use IPv6
- How to build routed IPv6 networks.
- IPv6 transition techniques

The fourth day day was devoted to multi-stakeholder discussions about
issue relating to Internet technology development in Sudan.

We wish to extend our appreciation the Internet Society (ISOC) and the
National Telecom Company (NTC) for partnering with us to make this event
a reality:

Warm regards.