[AfrICANN-discuss] GNSO endorsement for the AoC accountability and transparency review team

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 10:44:29 SAST 2010

Hello Everybody,

yesterday, there was a special GNSO conf call in order to let the council
endorse the pool of candidates for the first review team regarding the
affirmation of commitments and in accountability and transparency. we have
hopefully at least one candidate from
Africa region who is Willie Currie and I think that he has good chances to
be selected regarding his experience and involvement. Unfortunately, because
the pool of applicants, the council selected 3 candidates from USA too.

That is why for the next round of selection for the other review teams, I
strongly encourage people from Africa to apply, because the geographical and
gender diversity requirements that we struggled for within GNSO council,
qualified applicants from Africa have strong chances to be endorsed by GNSO
council.

Please if you need any information, you can contact me.
Thanks!

Best Regards

Rafik