[AfrICANN-discuss] ICANN Weekly Newsletter

Anne-Rachel Inné annerachel at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 10:22:50 SAST 2010

 ICANN Weekly Newsletter

News from the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers

*http://www.icann.org/* *Week ending 11 June 2010 *

 ------------------------------
 Announcements This Week

*Draft Changes to String Similarity Review Proposed by GNSO Council – Public
Comments Requested*<http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-11jun10-en.htm>
On 10 June, the GNSO Council passed a resolution requesting that a 21-day
public comment period be opened regarding a proposal to send the following
letter be sent to Kurt Pritz, Senior Vice President, Services, copy to the
ICANN Board, recommending that the Draft Applicant Guidebook version IV
section on “Outcomes of the String Similarity Review” be amended to allow
applicants to request an Extended Review under applicable terms similar to
those provided for other issues such as “DNS Stability: String Review
Procedure”.

*ICANN's First DNSSEC Key Ceremony for the Root
Zone*<http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-2-07jun10-en.htm>
The global deployment of Domain Name System Security Extensions (DNSSEC)
will achieve an important milestone on June 16, 2010 as ICANN hosts the
first production DNSSEC key ceremony in a high security data centre in
Culpeper, VA, outside of Washington, DC.

 ------------------------------
 Upcoming Events

*[image: 20 - 25 June 2010: 38th International Public ICANN Meeting -
Brussels, Belgium] <http://brussels38.icann.org/>20 - 25 June 2010: 38th
International Public ICANN Meeting - Brussels,
Belgium<http://brussels38.icann.org/>
*
About ICANN

*ICANN Bylaws <http://www.icann.org/en/general/bylaws.htm>*

Our bylaws are very important to us. They capture our mission of security,
stability and accessibility, and compel the organization to be open and
transparent. Learn more at *www.ICANN.org* <http://www.icann.org/>.

*Strategic Plan, 2010 - 2013 <http://www.icann.org/en/planning/>*

*Adopted FY10 Operating Plan and
Budget<http://www.icann.org/en/financials/budget-opplan.htm>