[AfrICANN-discuss] IPv6 Deployment Monitoring Survey (Action Requested)

Lillian Sharpley lillian at afrinic.net
Mon Jun 7 17:02:50 SAST 2010

Dear Colleagues,

The IPv6 Deployment Monitoring Survey, based on what has been carried
out in the RIPE NCC and APNIC service regions in 2009, is now open and
available for the AfriNIC and other regions. The survey can be accessed at:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/IPv6deploymentmonitoring2010

The purpose of the 2010 survey is to better understand where the community
is moving, and what can be done to ensure the Internet community is ready
for the widespread adoption of IPv6. *We encourage all organisations in the
AfriNIC service region to participate in this survey*, which we hope will
establish a comprehensive view of present IPv6 penetration and future plans
for IPv6 deployment. The survey is composed of 23 questions and can be
completed in about 15 minutes. For those without IPv6 allocations or
assignments, or who have not yet deployed IPv6, the questions will be
fewer in number.

The survey will close on 1 July 2010.

Results of the IPv6 Deployment Monitoring Survey will be presented and
discussed at AfriNIC-13, the next AfriNIC Public Policy Meeting, scheduled
to take place 20 -- 26 November 2010.

Please provide your name and contact information on the survey form if you
wish to receive the draft survey analysis when available. Please also
indicate whether you are willing to share additional data with the TNO and
GNKS Consult IPv6 Deployment Monitoring team.

We appreciate your time and interest in completing this survey. If you have
any questions concerning the survey, please send an email to
<info at gnksconsult.com>.

Link: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/IPv6deploymentmonitoring2010

Sincerely,

Lillian Sharpley