[AfrICANN-discuss] ICANN Weekly Newsletter - 16 July 2010

Anne-Rachel Inné annerachel at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 11:12:07 SAST 2010

 ICANN Weekly Newsletter

News from the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers

*http://www.icann.org/* *Week ending 16 July 2010 *

 ------------------------------
 Announcements This Week

*Updated: EXTENSION OF DEADLINE - Call for Applicants for a Position of
Volunteer Review Team
Member*<http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-01jun10-en.htm>
ICANN invites interested individuals to apply for a position of volunteer
Review Team Member on the following teams: the Security, Stability and
Resiliency of the DNS Review Team and the WHOIS Policy Review Team. The
deadline to submit documents has been extended to 29 July 2010 – 23:59 UTC.

*Your Input Requested on Post-Expiration Domain Name Recovery Initial
Report<http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-2-12jul10-en.htm>
*
The GNSO Post-Expiration Domain Name Recovery (PEDNR) Policy Development
Process (PDP) Working Group published its Initial Report on 31 May. The
PEDNR WG is now looking for your input on the Initial Report to help inform
its deliberations going forward.

*Brussels Fellowship Program Reached Successful
Conclusion*<http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-12jul10-en.htm>
This 38th ICANN International public meeting marked the 3rd year and 10th
round of the ICANN Fellowship Program.

 ------------------------------
 Upcoming Events

*[image: 5 - 10 December 2010: 39th International Public ICANN Meeting -
Cartagena, Colombia] <http://cartagena39.icann.org/>5 - 10 December 2010:
39th International ICANN Meeting - Cartagena,
Colombia<http://cartagena39.icann.org/>
*
About ICANN

*ICANN Bylaws <http://www.icann.org/en/general/bylaws.htm>*

Our bylaws are very important to us. They capture our mission of security,
stability and accessibility, and compel the organization to be open and
transparent. Learn more at *www.ICANN.org* <http://www.icann.org/>.

*Strategic Plan, 2010 - 2013 <http://www.icann.org/en/planning/>*

*Adopted FY11 Operating Plan and
Budget<http://www.icann.org/en/financials/budget-opplan.htm>