[AfrICANN-discuss] A .com domain name increases a company's exposure to foreign lawsuits, rules ECJ

Vika Mpisane vika at zadna.org.za
Tue Dec 14 11:54:54 SAST 2010

That said, Alex, Badru & McTim, the problem still remains and at some point
it will need to be solved. I know it's outside our hands and actually it's
in the hands of governments to sort it out. Plus I admit that Africa doesn't
seem to have as much the usual easy way out of looking at Europe or the US
for solution, as the EU and US also are still struggling to find an
effective solution because a solution will only be effective if most
governments can commit to an international or regional treaty of some sort.

Vika