[AfrICANN-discuss] A .com domain name increases a company's exposure to foreign lawsuits, rules ECJ

Alex Gakuru gakuru at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 11:18:23 SAST 2010

vika,

<random thoughts> rather than look at this problem through the old (
or traditional) legal lenses, maybe it may be necessary for an
international convention on cyberjuris for all netizens? - all
signatory nation states would then domesticate it to be in tandem with
their local laws? the current legal void is what continues to give
some states overwhelming powers over others in determining what
domains, rights or bytes will fly on the net and which one won't. i.e.
is the problem different hence needing a different solution?  </random
thoughts>

alex