[AfrICANN-discuss] ICANN Weekly Newsletter

Anne-Rachel Inné annerachel at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 18:31:35 SAST 2010

 REMINDER:
***** the last day for applications for fellowships to go to the Cartagena
ICANN 30th meeting will be September 2, 2010*
****2 Septembre 2010 sera le jour de cloture des candidatures aux bourses
pour aller a la reunion de ICANN a Cartage, 39eme reunion publique.

ICANN Weekly Newsletter

News from the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers

*http://www.icann.org/*

*Week ending 27 August 2010 ***

 ------------------------------
 Announcements This Week

*Applicants Sought from Internet User Community for Seat on Board of
Directors*<http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-26aug10-en.htm>
The ICANN group representing individual Internet users is calling for
applications from those who may be interested in helping to develop policy
while serving on the organization's Board of Directors.

*Save the Date! Learn About Meetings For the Next Decade Survey Results and
Next Steps*<http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-25aug10-en.htm>
Starting 7 September, you will be able to register to join the ICANN
Participation and Engagement staff in a webinar about the Public
Participation Board Committee’s Meetings For the Next Decade ongoing work.

*Bulk Transfer of Domain Names from Lead Networks Domains to
Answerable.com*<http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-2-24aug10-en.htm>
ICANN has authorized the bulk transfer of Lead Networks Domains Pvt. Ltd.’s
gTLD domain names to Answerable.com (I) Pvt. Ltd., in response to a request
from Lead Networks to designate Answerable.com as the gaining registrar for
this bulk transfer effective upon the termination of Lead Network’s RAA, and
in accordance with ICANN’s Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy and Procedures.

*ICANN Publishes Draft Agreement on
.XXX*<http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-24aug10-en.htm>
A Revised Proposed Registry Agreement with ICM to be designated as the
Registry Operator for a .XXX Sponsored Top Level Domain (.XXX), as well as
documentation submitted by ICM Registry in connection with the expedited due
diligence conducted at the direction of the Board was posted for public
comment.

 ------------------------------
 Upcoming Events

*[image: 5 - 10 December 2010: 39th International Public ICANN Meeting -
Cartagena, Colombia] <http://cartagena39.icann.org/>*

*5 - 10 December 2010: 39th International ICANN Meeting - Cartagena,
Colombia <http://cartagena39.icann.org/>*
About ICANN

*ICANN Bylaws <http://www.icann.org/en/general/bylaws.htm>*

Our bylaws are very important to us. They capture our mission of security,
stability and accessibility, and compel the organization to be open and
transparent. Learn more at *www.ICANN.org* <http://www.icann.org/>.

*Strategic Plan, 2010 - 2013 <http://www.icann.org/en/planning/>*

*Adopted FY11 Operating Plan and
Budget<http://www.icann.org/en/financials/budget-opplan.htm>