[AfrICANN-discuss] Bill seeks to put internet kill switch in the US president's hand

Douglas Onyango ondouglas at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 22 12:10:17 SAST 2009

Wonder if anyone else out there has seen this.
http://www.thewestgeorgian.com/proposed-bill-grants-obama-control-of-internet-1.438014
I haven't read themuch but from what i have seen this is a move that could jeopardize the rest of the operations in the world given the kind of power it seeks to vest in the president

I think this is one of the reasons the US oversight of ICANN shoud be rescinded after the current phase.

I guess this also calls for us to build the capacity to have internet infrastructure that can work independ of any.......i mean any nation/continent et al

Regards,
Douglas Onyango +256(0712)981329

If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the Problem.