[AfrICANN-discuss] ICANN Weekly Newsletter

Anne-Rachel Inné annerachel at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 11:15:17 SAST 2009

ICANN Weekly Newsletter

News from the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers

*http://www.icann.org/* *Week ending 13 November 2009*

 ------------------------------
 Announcements This Week

*Apply Now to Join the ICANN Board, the Councils of GNSO and ccNSO, and the
ALAC* <http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-13nov09-en.htm>
ICANN's Nominating Committee (Nom Com) invites Statements of Interest and
candidate recommendations from the Internet community for key leadership
positions to fulfill ICANN's technical and policy coordination role.

*Public Comment: CAC Proposed Amendments to the UDRP Supplemental Rules of
the Czech Arbitration
Court*<http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-2-11nov09-en.htm>
The Czech Arbitration Court (CAC), an Approved Provider for the Uniform
Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP) is proposing to amend its
Supplemental Rules to provide for an alternative page limit and processing
fee for certain UDRP Complaints.

*Expressions of Interest in new gTLDs: ICANN seeks input and
advice*<http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-11nov09-en.htm>
ICANN is soliciting information, advice and proposed models as it considers
soliciting expressions of interest in new gTLDs.

 ------------------------------
 Upcoming Events

*[image: 7 - 12 March 2010: 37th International Public ICANN Meeting -
Nairobi, Kenya] <http://nbo.icann.org/>7 - 12 March 2010: 37th International
Public ICANN Meeting - Nairobi, Kenya <http://nbo.icann.org/>*

*20 - 25 June 2010: 38th International Public ICANN Meeting - Brussels,
Belgium*
About ICANN

*ICANN Bylaws <http://www.icann.org/en/general/bylaws.htm>*

Our bylaws are very important to us. They capture our mission of security,
stability and accessibility, and compel the organization to be open and
transparent. Learn more at *www.icann.org* <http://www.icann.org/>.

*Strategic Plan, July 2007 - June 2010 <http://www.icann.org/en/planning/>*

*Adopted FY10 Operating Plan and
Budget<http://www.icann.org/en/financials/budget-opplan.htm>