[AfrICANN-discuss] ICANN Newsletter

Anne-Rachel Inné annerachel at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 22:30:18 SAST 2009

ICANN Weekly Newsletter

News from the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers

*http://www.icann.org* *Week ending 30 October 2009 *

 ------------------------------
 Announcements This Week

*ICANN Bringing the Languages of the World to the Global
Internet*<http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-30oct09-en.htm>
Fast Track Process for Internationalized Domain Names Launches Nov 16.

*Naugus Limited, LLC Has Remedied Their
Noncompliance*<http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-28oct09-en.htm>
Naugus Limited, LLC has cured its breach to its accreditation agreement with
ICANN and is being considered for renewal as an ICANN-accredited registrar.

*ICANN and the CZ.NIC Association Announce the Installation of the L Root
Server in Prague, Czech
Republic*<http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-26oct09-en.htm>
The installation in Prague expands L's footprint into Europe, in combination
with installations in Miami and Los Angeles.

*Evaluators Selection for the New gTLD Program
Continues*<http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-25oct09-en.htm>
ICANN has received 12 responses to the call for Expressions of Interest
(EOI) for independent evaluators in the new generic top-level domain name
(gTLD) program.

 ------------------------------
 Upcoming Events

*[image: 7 - 12 March 2010: 37th International Public ICANN Meeting -
Nairobi, Kenya] <http://nbo.icann.org/>7 - 12 March 2010: 37th International
Public ICANN Meeting - Nairobi, Kenya <http://nbo.icann.org/>*

*20 - 25 June 2010: 38th International Public ICANN Meeting - Brussels,
Belgium*
About ICANN

*ICANN Bylaws <http://www.icann.org/en/general/bylaws.htm>*

Our bylaws are very important to us. They capture our mission of security,
stability and accessibility, and compel the organization to be open and
transparent. Learn more at *www.ICANN.org* <http://www.icann.org/>.

*Strategic Plan, July 2007 - June 2010 <http://www.icann.org/en/planning/>*

*Adopted FY10 Operating Plan and
Budget<http://www.icann.org/en/financials/budget-opplan.htm>