[AfrICANN-discuss] INET conference, May 18 2009, Cairo

Dr Yassin Mshana ymshana2003 at gmail.com
Wed May 6 13:30:28 SAST 2009

Hi,
I think there is typo in the Date. It should not be earlier than July 2009.
Lets see what date  Dawit comes back with.

I am concerned with short notices given for most meetings..... maybe that is
why attendances happen to be very low in some cases. It requires a bit long
especially for those of us who wish to volunteer to attend meetings since we
have to mobilize resources  (eg. Time, Travel and Costs)

Good luck everyone

Yassin Mshana

2009/5/6 nebster Yoseph <nebster11 at gmail.com>

> Hi  Dawit,
>
> Last time you told us you will be announcing in advance the INET meeting in
> Africa. I would have thought that a regional meeting of ISOC Africa would
> have been announced early enough to draw on its constituencies new and old
> properly.  From the agenda, the speakers or panelist are not yet confirmed
> which is disconcerting in terms of having a productive dialog.
>
> Could you please let us know why this meeting is taking place in such a
> short notice, when Regional meeting of this capacity should have at least 2
> months lead time?  Hope to see a better preparation from ISOC Africa next
> time!
>
> -nebiyu
>
> On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 11:06 AM, Dawit Bekele <bekele at isoc.org> wrote:
>
>>  Dear all,
>>

>> We are pleased to announce the INET Africa meeting to be held on May 18,
>> 2009 at Intercontinental City Stars Hotel in Cairo, Egypt together with
>> AfNOG and AfriNIC meetings that will be held during the same week. Please
>> note that the meeting date has been moved from the one announced on AfNOG
>> and AfriNIC sites.
>>

>> This year’s INET’s title is “IGF Sharm El Sheikh: An Opportunity to Foster
>> Regional Internet Governance”. It is organized by the Internet Society
>> (ISOC) and the Ministry of Communication and Information Technology of
>> Egypt. The meeting aims at holding discussions to prepare the African
>> Internet community for the Internet Governance Forum that will take place in
>> Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt, next November. It will discuss the issues of focus
>> of this year’s IGF with an African perspective.
>>

>> For your convenience you are invited to review the published agenda at
>> http://www.isoc.org/isoc/conferences/inet/09/egypt.shtml. For meeting and
>> registration details, please see
>> http://www.afrinic.net/meeting/afrinic-10/registration.htm or contact
>> inetafrica at isoc.org.
>>

>> We look forward to seeing you in Cairo.
>>

>> Sincerely,
>>

>> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Dawit Bekele, Regional Bureau Manager - Africa
>>     <bekele at isoc.org>
>> Tel: +251 911 22 13 33/+41 22 809
>> 0363                                           http://www.isoc.org
>> Internet Society
>> (ISOC)                                                          "The
>> Internet is for everyone"

c/o DFID-Nigeria
No. 10 Bobo Street
Maitama