[AfrICANN-discuss] Mexico City '09

Dr Yassin Mshana ymshana2003 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 00:52:59 SAST 2009

Dear Kitim et al,

Thank you for keeping us updated so far.....before things pick up speed in a
matter of hours while you are there.

One small request: The Public Forum - I know about the amount of pressure
one feels to summarize their presentation but, may I personally request you
to persist for a response about that Policy Issue I have posted to this
forum? It is very important to pursue the development of marginalised
regions as the Strategic Plan had identified; It is AR's Departmental
undertaking I am therefore not expecting her to more than an ICANN Staff is
obliged to do: I wish those who are there to queue and seek for a response
or even get the ICANN Board pick it up for a follow up....

Furthermore, I do expect GAC members to raise this in Public since they have
their mandate ie representation of their respective Govt business  as Civil
Servants (no Public Talk!) but I am sure vthey will pick the issue up and
present it to their respective Governments as they deem fit to do (in their
Regulator's capacity)

Whew! that is all for a reminder for now.

"If you dont ask - no one will know what is in your mind" that is as obvoius
as that.

Wish you a productive ICANN Mexico!

Yassin Mshana