[AfrICANN-discuss] ip address issue

Jean Robert HOUNTOMEY hrobert at iservices.tg
Fri Jun 13 02:02:08 SAST 2008

We started a discussion at our last meeting (previous week) about Local
Telco who get IP block from Afrinic and who would like to resell at very
high prices these blocks to their customers.

The easiest way would be to change ISP but a customer of mine is facing in
his country an issue where:

- there are only  2 ISP in the country but only the local Telco has acess to
fiber and his network is more reliable
- the second ISP is using Vsat,
- he can't for regulation issues run his own vsat
- he needs 2 Uplink because the connectivity is critical for him
- the local Telco doesn't want to give him for free the number of IP he
needs but is ready to give him 4 IP for $250 /month, 8 IP for $225.

Is there something to do in this case? Can Afrinic do something on this?
Talk to people, have something done

RH