[AfrICANN-discuss] Comments on the Midterm review of the ICANN JPA

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 14:19:59 SAST 2008

All,

I signed on to this:

http://icann.org/jpa/comment-letter.html

We can do so as a group of people, or as individuals.  I suspect all
on this list may not agree that:

<quote>

    * ICANN is meeting its responsibilities under the JPA;

    * The JPA and the seven Memorandums of Understanding before it
have, over nine years, helped ICANN to become a stable organization;

    * ICANN has become more operationally efficient and has increased
stakeholder participation;

    * As an organization ICANN can and should always do more and that
must always be the case to keep pace with Internet developments;

    * The ICANN Board believes that the JPA should be concluded;

    * The ICANN model of multi-stakeholder participation has been
developed for over nine years; and

    * We now need to finalize that model and enshrine it by the time
the JPA concludes in September 2009.

</quote>

Or do we want a more nuanced position?  If so, what is it? Do we
support the conclusion of the JPA?

--
Cheers,

McTim