[AfrICANN-discuss] ccNSO survey on DNSSEC - resending

Anne-Rachel Inné annerachel at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 09:52:33 SAST 2007

Thanks to you all for answering this survey - Some of you have done it so
thanks to them.

-------- Original Message --------  Subject: [ccnso-members] Survey on
DNSSEC  Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 10:39:38 +0200  From: Gabriella Schittek
<gabriella.schittek at icann.org> <gabriella.schittek at icann.org>  Reply-To:
<gabriella.schittek at icann.org> <gabriella.schittek at icann.org>  To:
<ccnso-members at icann.org> <ccnso-members at icann.org>,
<cctld-discuss at wwtld.org> <cctld-discuss at wwtld.org>

Dear all,

Below you will find a very basic survey on DNSSEC which we would like to
invite all ccTLDs to reply to.

It is conducted in order to find out what the worldwide ccTLD community
knows about DNSSEC and what is being done about it.

We would be very grateful if you could take a few minutes to reply to the
questions. For those who prefer to provide their input to the questionnaire
in Arabic, French, German, Russian or Spanish - please feel free to do so.

Your replies will be compiled by the ccNSO Secretariat and presented to the
whole community. The replies will be made anonymous, so that the individual
answers will not be visible. The information received will be treated as
private and confidential and the individual data will remain with the ccNSO
Secretariat.

The survey is open for your replies until the 12th October 2007.

Please, send your answers to ccnsosecretariat at icann.org  or directly to me.

Many thanks for your help.

Kind regards,

Gabi/ccNSO Secretariat

---

Your ccTLD:

I. Deployment of DNSSEC at a Registry Level

1) Do you know what DNSSEC is?

a) YES
b) I know what it is, but don't know how it works.
c) I have heard about it, but don't know what problem it solves
d) NO

If NO - please, proceed to question 10!

2) Has your registry implemented DNSSEC?

a) YES
b) NO

If YES - please, proceed to question 5!

3) If you have not implemented DNSSEC, do you plan to?

a) YES
b) NO

4) If you have not, or do not intent to implement DNSSEC in the next three
years, please briefly explain why you do not intend to do so:

5) If you have implemented DNSSEC, please briefly describe the technical
environment you use:

6) If you have implemented DNSSEC, please briefly describe your experience:

7) If you are planning to implement DNSSEC, what is the planned timeline?

8) If you are planning to implement DNSSEC, please briefly describe the
technical environment you plan to use:

9) Please briefly describe how strategically important you consider DNSSEC
to be:

- What are the principle drivers?
- What are the principle goals you would like to achieve with DNSSEC?
- What are the main threats and opportunities you foresee?

II. Signing the Root

10) Is it important to you that the DNS root zone is signed?

a) YES
b) NO

11) Who should be signer of the DNS root zone?

a) IANA (i.e. ICANN)
b) Some other non-governmental organisation
c) A government
d) A grouping of governments
e) Other (Please specify)

III. Exchange of Information and Experiences

12) Do you think there is a need to exchange DNSSEC experiences between TLD
managers?

13) Do you think the ccNSO should actively promote the deployment of DNSSEC?

a) YES
b) NO

14) If you think the ccNSO should promote DNSSEC, please explain some ideas
on how it should do this: