[AfrICANN-discuss] Nashwa Abdelbaki of Egypt selected ccNSO Council member - NOMCOM nominees at ICANN

Anne-Rachel Inné annerachel at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 09:50:33 SAST 2007

Congratulations to Nashwa and I am delighted to have 'the woman who brought
the internet to Egypt' back in the fray!!! Nashwa welcome!

I would like to welcome and congratulate Fatimata Seye Sylla who is also  on
the ALAC Committee now.

On the 1st ICANN website page you can click on names of nominees to see
their background. Those of you who will be in Los Angeles will meet them.
Congratulations again ladies - Welcome and  looking forward to working with
you. I hope you take this list and run with it to share what you are doing
with all of us.

Here are all the nominees:

Nominating Committee Announces New Board Members and Supporting Organisation
Roles

The 2007 ICANN Nominating Committee (NomCom) has completed its selections:

*ICANN Board of Directors*

   - Harald Tveit
Alvastrand<http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-2-25sep07.htm#alvastrand>(Norway,
Europe)
   - Dennis Jennings<http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-2-25sep07.htm#jennings>(Ireland/UK,
Europe)
   - Jean-Jacques
Subrenat<http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-2-25sep07.htm#subrenat>(France,
Europe)

Term: Conclusion of the ICANN Annual General Meeting for 2007 until
conclusion of the ICANN Annual General Meeting for 2010
------------------------------

*GNSO Council*

   - Avri Doria<http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-2-25sep07.htm#doria>(USA,
North America)
   - Olga Cavalli<http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-2-25sep07.htm#cavalli>(Argentina,
Latin America & Caribbean)

Term: Conclusion of the ICANN Annual General Meeting for 2007 until
conclusion of the ICANN Annual General Meeting for 2009
------------------------------

*At-Large Advisory Committee*

   - Vanda Scartezini<http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-2-25sep07.htm#scartezini>(Brazil,
Latin America & Caribbean)
   - Fatimata Seye
Sylla<http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-2-25sep07.htm#sylla>(Senegal,
Africa)
   - Nguyen Thu
Hue<http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-2-25sep07.htm#hue>(Vietnam,
Asia/Australia/Pacific)

Term: Conclusion of the ICANN Annual General Meeting for 2007 until
conclusion of the ICANN Annual General Meeting for 2009
------------------------------

*ccNSO Council*

   - Nashwa Abdel-Baki<http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-2-25sep07.htm#abdelbaki>(Egypt,
Africa)

Term: Conclusion of the ICANN Annual General Meeting for 2007 until
conclusion of the ICANN Annual General Meeting for 2010
------------------------------

The biographies of the Nominees will be posted shortly at
http://nomcom.icann.org/candidate-bios-2007.htm. The 2007 Nominating
Committee will also be posting a summary of its work on its web page at
http://nomcom.icann.org.

The 2007 Nominating Committee received 93 Statements of Interest, drawn from
all five of the geographic regions during an open nominating period that ran
from 1 February 2007 to 18 May 2007. 12 candidates were female and 81 were
male. 25 candidates were from North America, 23 candidates were from Europe,
23 were from Asia/Australia/Pacific, 13 were from Africa and 11 were from
Latin America/Caribbean. Some candidates are counted in more than one region
due to dual citizenship.

Those selected will assume their duties at the conclusion of the ICANN
Annual Meeting for 2007 in Los Angeles, California on 2 November 2007.

On 9/26/07, Baher Esmat <baher.esmat at icann.org> wrote:

> All,
>
> Dr. Nashwa Abdelbaki of EUN, Egypt has been selected by the Nominating
> Committee to the ccNSO Council.
>
> http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-2-25sep07.htm#abdelbaki
>
> Please join me in congratulating Dr. Nashwa who will assume her duties at
> the conclusion of the ICANN Annual Meeting for 2007 in Los Angeles,
> November
> 2007 and her term shall last till the end of the annual meeting of 2010.
>
> Congratulations!!
>
> Regards,
> -Baher

Anne-Rachel Inne