[AfrICANN-discuss] Kenya bids to host top IT conference

Dr Paulos Nyirenda paulos at sdnp.org.mw
Mon Sep 3 08:40:21 SAST 2007

All,

Bravo Kenya for submitting an ICANN meeting bid and openly announcing
it. However, I think some competition should be encouraged, details
of the bids should be made public at some point after submission and
lobying encouraged so that we can see a transparent process leading
to the winner. I hope the other countries will also openly reveal
when they have submitted their bids.

I expect that ICANN does have a clear process for choosing the
winner, can someone please let us know how the final decision is
made. Is it by a Board vote or is there a more objective scoring
process?

Regards,

Paulos
Dr Paulos B Nyirenda