[AfrICANN-discuss] Resending letter to ccTLD Managers(.Africa'sposition)

Sophia B sophiabekele at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 11:23:26 SAST 2007

Dear all---allow me to intrude on your time, but I am in between
transatlantic flights pressed for time and so I had to make this TYPO
corrections and few additions that are highlighted.
warm regards,
sophia

On 23/10/2007, Sophia B <sophiabekele at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Pierre -
>
>  Yes, I approached you at the Lisbon meeting and shared MY presentation
> ahead of time and your took note of OUR 'governance structure' and said
> that was what was missing in your proposals.  I suppose that one you have
> not fully developed yet.
>
> I am surprised that you have never heard of what I was doing based on
> that, and when you have yourself announced at the Afri-ICANN meeting that
> there were two initiatives on the ground and for lack of time, I cannot PRESENT
> mine.   I believe there were over 15 people in the room.

ADDITIONALLY, I SENT AN UPDATE ON THE STATUS ON THE DOTAFRICA PROJECT A
> COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO FOR THIS SAME LISTING HERE WHEN ASKED BY ONE OF OUR
> LIST MEMBERS WHO IS ALSO AWARE THAT I HAVE PUT EFFORTS ON IT.

I am glad to note that the discussion is generating a lot of interest
> finally from everyone.  It appears you folks were sleeping on it and seem
> to  get caught up now.
>
> While I have appreciated the model you discussed , I did not feel it has
> the strength, so I suggested my own.  It is a free world we live in right!
> This does not mean I am NOT willing to work with you.  We just have to
> agree to disagree.  Like I said the project is for Africa.

   Hope that clarifies any misunderstanding.