[AfrICANN-discuss] ICANN Establishes Forum on Allocation Methods for Single-letter and Single-digit Domain Names

Khaled KOUBAA khaled.koubaa at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 23:57:27 SAST 2007

We should be convinced that the single-digit domain name will be as a
business as the registries business. In fact who will buy x.com, an
entity interested in selling sub-domain under the X.com ( may pron
oriented site ). Who will be interested in o.com, e.com , same thing.
So giving possibility to someone to sell subdomain under a one digit
domain name is like ccTLD who are selling .com.uk for example. We will
have www.mysite.e.net or www.company.c.com and others.
I think that the best is to use the same method to allocate a new gTLD
or sTLD licence by giving a license to ONLY one entity that will sell to
registrat and to registrar what they want of sub-domain under what ever
single-digit and PAY contribution to ICANN for each sub-domain. Maybe
this contribution should be less than the one payed for a domain name.