[AfrICANN-discuss] Kenya presidential aspirants debate to stream online.....

Rebecca Wanjiku rebecca.wanjiku at gmail.com
Wed May 16 08:53:43 SAST 2007

just to let you know that today there will be a live debate stream on
http://idhaa.kenic.or.ke:8001/

its kenya's quest to create content, www.kenic.or.ke the adminstrators of
the .co.ke Country Code Top Level Domain (ccTLD) have teamed up with Kenya
ICT Action Network (KICTANet) and Kenya Data Networks to make this possible,

we will also be using my blog- beckyit.blogspot.com
so be on the loop
am sure this can make good stories wherever you are

in case of further interest, please feel free to contact me

  invitation below
just to let you know that today there will be a live debate stream on
http://idhaa.kenic.or.ke:8001/

its kenya's quest to create content, www.kenic.or.ke the adminstrators of
the .co.ke Country Code Top Level Domain (ccTLD) have teamed up with Kenya
ICT Action Network (KICTANet) and Kenya Data Networks to make this possible,

we will also be using my blog- beckyit.blogspot.com
so be on the loop
am sure this can make good stories wherever you are

in case of further interest, please feel free to contact me

  invitation below

*Mainstreaming Information Communication Technology (ICT) Agenda in 2007
national electioneering debate*

The Kenya ICT Action Network (KICTANet) wishes to invite you the ICT debate
titled- *Mainstreaming ICT agenda in 2007 national electioneering
debate*scheduled for May 16
th 2007 at 2.00 pm at the Norfolk hotel.

*KICTANet has invited political leaders- hon. Julia Ojiambo, hon. Joseph
Nyaga, hon. William Ruto, hon. Kalonzo Musyoka, hon. Musalia Mudavadi, hon.
Raila Odinga, hon. Mutahi Kagwe, Nazlin Umar, hon. Najib Balala and hon.
Uhuru Kenyatta to share their vision of an ICT enabled Kenyan economy. *

As a supporter of KICTANet, this will be a good opportunity to demonstrate
the extent of our quest to lift the ICT debate beyond the technical circles.
It will be an opportunity to meet our members who will ask questions
concerning the private sector, civil society, media, academia, and
government.

The debate is calculated to ensure that ICT issues are put on the pedestal
during the campaign period and in the process hold the future leaders
accountable given the commitments they will give that day.

KICTANet comprises over 20 organisations and networks involved in ICT
initiatives in Kenya.  It is a multi-stakeholder network with members from
the private sector, civil society, media, academia and government.  It is a
network of committed volunteers from organizations, networks and groups, who
believe in collaborative policy advocacy activities and the sharing of
resources and skills.  The advocacy activities are focused on the
development and use of ICT to support poverty reduction and the
transformation of livelihoods.

Yours faithfully,

Eng. James Rege

 KICTANet