[AfrICANN-discuss] Comments on .xxx

Mawaki Chango ki_chango at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 30 17:17:36 SAST 2007

Ok, personally I don't think we need to further spend our energy
on this. From what I'm reading about (arguably) ethics and
morals considerations in the board's vote, maybe it's useful to
remind ourselves that this is not the first time vote is taken
from the board on this topic, and that, in fact, at the first
round vote, the .xxx application was about to be adopted by
almost the same board (there have been only 2 or 3 new members
elected since then, if I'm not mistaken.)

The bottom line is, the intervening variables seem to me more
political than ethical. And if the MCI registry, who's applied
for this, want to use (legal, political, ...) resources to fight
back and pursue this application, then let it be! And same, if
they want to drop it. I mean, I like the individual fellows on
the board (really), but institutional wise, it is not up to us
to take the hot potato out of the board's hands! Let's get on
with our pressing challenges.

Mawaki