[AfrICANN-discuss] ICANN Meeting in San Juan - 25-29 June 2007

Anne-Rachel Inné annerachel at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 22:21:35 SAST 2007

No at all Alice. The fellows are from all regions and given that this
meeting is in the Caribbeans, we are sponsoring most people from the region.

So what I meant was that the regional meetings this time are for the region
and also for all the newcomers. We will not have an African Region meeting.
People can come to the fellows meeting everyday though. This way they will
meet the new faces and help us in getting them started and perhaps even
mentor them.

It is common for ICANN to have meetings for the region in the region where
meetings are taking place ( or closer --- like in Lisbon where it was
cheaper to have people from Africa and Middle East than from the Caribbean).

Now if those who will be in San Juan from the Africa region want to meet
sometime, someday to exchange, that is good. Usually when people want to do
that, I try to find a meeting space at the meeting venue. Given that this
time again we are short on rooms, I cannot promise this will be possible.

cheers
ar

On 6/12/07, alice <alice at apc.org> wrote:

> Thanks Anne-Rachel.
> The assumption then is that most of the sponsored participants are from
> the Africa region?
>
> best
> alice
>

> Anne-Rachel Inné wrote:
> > Hello Alice,
> >
> > There will not be a specific African meeting because we are having
> > several meetings of the fellows who will come (every day for one hour)
> > because for a lot of them, it will be their first ICANN meeting.
> > Cheers
> > ar
> >

> > On 6/8/07, alice <alice at apc.org> wrote:
> >> Hi Anne-Rachel
> >>
> >> Thank you for this. Is there a plan to have an African meeting this
> time
> >> around?
> >>
> >> best
> >> alice