[AfrICANN-discuss] AfriNIC Congratulate Dr. Nii Quaynor for its Award

Elsa Caposso elsacaposso at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 7 11:24:44 SAST 2007

Congratulations Nii.
All the best,

Elsa Caposso

----- Original Message ----
From: Njeri Rionge <njeri.rionge at wananchi.com>
To: africann at afrinic.net
Cc: aftld-discuss at afrinic.net
Sent: Friday, December 7, 2007 7:40:07 AM
Subject: Re: [AfrICANN-discuss] AfriNIC Congratulate Dr. Nii Quaynor for its Award

This is such GREAT NEWS, well done Dactari Nii, you make us proud, in a little while Africa will be mushrooming with great innovations in all areas ICT and my wish is that we all can celebrate African Initiatives going forward.

Sincerely,

Njeri,

On 12/7/07 3:19 AM, "Adiel A. Akplogan" <adiel at afrinic.net> wrote:

> http://www.afrinic.net/news/press/POSTELAWARD_2007_PRESS_RELEASE.pdf
>
> Mauritius, December 06th 2007: Dr Nii Quaynor awarded John Postel Service
>                                 Award 2007
>
> AfriNIC, the Regional Internet Registry for Africa, is very pleased to
> announce
> that Dr. Nii Quaynor, convenor of AfNOG and one of the authors of the original
> project plan to set up an African Internet Number Registry has been awarded
> the
> Jonathan B. Postel Award at the IETF-70 meeting on 5th December 2007 which was
> held in Vancouver Canada.
>
> Dr. Nii Quaynor becomes the first African to receive this prestigious
> award from
> the Internet community. Each year, the Internet Society awards the Jonathan B.
> Postel Service Award. The award is presented to an individual who has made
> outstanding contributions in service to the data communications community.
>
> Dr. Quaynor has selflessly pioneered Internet development and expansion
> throughout Africa for nearly two decades, enabling profound advances in
> information access, education, healthcare and commerce for African
> countries and
> their citizens, said Internet Society president Lynn St. Amour. Today, Dr.
> Quaynor continues to champion not just technological advances but also African
> involvement in Internet standards, processes and deployments, discussion on
> Internet policies and regulations, and ensuring African interests are well-
> represented globally. He has shaped a community of Africans who share
> his vision
> and reflect the dedication shown by Jon Postel.
>
> According to Adiel A. Akplogan, the CEO of AfriNIC, This is an important
> milestone for the African technical community presence in the International
> forum. We expect this Award to have a huge impact on the community and will
> certainly emulate more contribution and commitment for Internet Protocol
> technology and it use for Development in the AfriNIC service region.
>
> Dr. Nii Quaynor has pledged to dedicate his prize to contribute to the new
> fund
> being setup by AfriNIC to support Internet development in Africa (African Fund
> for Capacity Building, Research and Internet Development).
>
> He said: We need to develop our young engineers to emulate the dedication to
> network engineering as exemplified by Jon Postel. We have to harness the
> pioneering work done by the dedicated technical leadership who have trained
> hundreds of young engineers through AfNOG and AfriNIC. The fund will make a
> difference in support for education and research of young engineers in Africa.
>
> We would like all the African community to join us to congratulate Dr Nii
> Quaynor for his great contribution to the Internet community in Africa.
> AfriNIC is a non-governmental and not-for-profit membership based
> organisation.
> [...]

Njeri Rionge
Chief Executive Officer
Ignite Consulting Limited
Eden Square 7th Floor
Chiromo Rd, Westlands
P. O. Box 15568 00100 GPO Nairobi, Kenya
T: (254 20) 3673250—9
C:(254) (0)722-522-136
E: njeri.rionge at igniteconsulting.co.ke
http://www.igniteconsulting.co.ke

IT Solutions:- eDocuments Management, Data Management, Disaster Preparedness and Hosting and Management Services for all your IT needs. Services delivered to you by Ignite Technologies an Ignite Consulting Subsidiary focusing on Systems Integration.

Professional & Life Skills Coaching, Quality Management Systems, Health Safety, Food Safety & Environment Management Systems, Lead Auditor Courses that are Internationally Accredited by IRCA, Training on Conformity and Compliance based on International Standards (ISO), Business Management, Organizational Development, Capacity Building and Strategy Facilitation and Development.